Wednesday, December 05, 2007

SICK OF IT ALL!

Well the illustrious and almighty CCAA has updated their website and the cutoff date for referrals for this month is December 14, 2005........I am just sick of this WHOLE STINKING PROCESS! I know I said we were going to hang in there and all that crap, but at the moment I am just sick of it all! When is this proverbial "speed up" going to happen? WHEN? Back in the spring everyone said, "Oh the CCAA will speed up in May." Then we heard, "Oh the CCAA will speed up when they get the November 2005 referrals done." Guess what folks?? THEY AIN'T GOING TO SPEED UP! It just isn't going to happen. At this point I have had about all I think I can take. This is CRAZY! We have been waiting 20 freaking months! TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No end in sight! Doug and I have seriously talked about just calling it quits. It breaks my heart, but my gosh at this rate, I think they are just going to shut the whole program down and we're not going to ever get a baby so why hang in there and do this to ourselves month after month after month after month after month after month!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Don't know what to say - I am feeling like I am in the same boat... though I can't bring myself to 'quit', I am thinking of ya...

Kevin and Kim said...

I just stumbled across your blog...and I have had many of these days...many posts like this too.

The frustration is unbelievable!!

Hang in there!!

Kathryn said...

Susan I feel for you!!!
This wait has me questioning everything. My emotions are raw today and I wonder how much longer we can keep going through this. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I can't find any today.
Hang in there!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Yep, I am in it for the long haul... this time around I thought I would wait to call you... let you get it out of your system. I know you wouldn't give up... as much as it drives us nuts... I will call you in the next few days or talk on the IM later... whatever comes first... hugs to ya...

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry that it has not sped up yet. I still keep holding out hope, but then again I always did over the last two years, and it always slowed down :( I know how hard it is, and I'm sorry. I remember those hard days all too well. I want you to know that you are not alone, and many people are waiting right along with you. Please try and hang in there. I can honestly say that Charlotte was worth every bit of pain I endured - the tears, the loneliness - all of it. But I know it is hard to see that until you get to the end. But I promise you - your baby will find you. You will get to the end and you will be so glad you held out.

*hugs*

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hopefully a little encouragement... My sister-in-law went through the exact same struggle. Their LID was 8-30-05, referral date 11-30-07, and travel dates of 2-1-07 - 2/16/07. Remember with so many adoptions the time could be getting longer instead of shorter. Hang in there, you are almost there and will soon have your beautiful baby girl in your arms.