Saturday, December 01, 2007

Awwww.......thanks Flissy For The Christmas Present!


Today, my dear friend Felicity sent me a Christmas present that I just LOVE! She sent me one of those precious Willow Tree statues with the mommy and baby! Oh Felicity, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I can't believe you sent me this! You're a thoughtful friend and I'm glad we share the same LID! Hang in there my friend! I'm here if you ever need to talk, complain, vent, spew, etc.........We'll get through this HORRIBLE wait and have our girls one day (hopefully before next Christmas!!!!) I put the little statue on my piano so I can look at it everytime I sit down to play.
Love ya girl!

This is the description of the statue that is found on the Willow Tree website. Felicity sent it to me by email. I love it!!!!

CHILD OF THE WORLD

Child of the world,
Into my heart you came —
Bringing sun into my life,
Making family our name.

Child of my Heart is a tall figurine of a woman holding a young child in her arms. The mother and child have different hair and skin color, subtly implying that they may not be related by blood. The piece was inspired by a friend of Susan’s who adopted an Asian child. However, the adoption reference does not prevent this piece from being meaningful for any parent and child.

As with all of Susan’s sculptures, the piece is open to interpretation… the woman could be the child’s birth mother, caregiver, godparent, aunt, etc. Regardless of relationship, the two share a strong love and bond. The sentiment for the piece is a love poem to a child. It may speak especially clearly to someone who has or is planning to adopt, as it refers to welcoming a long-awaited child into a family.

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am glad you like it... I know you wanted this one... yep... we may vent, scream, shout, yell etc but we will get our babies...

Tracy said...

I love that. My adoption friend Shelly got me (and herself) one last Mother's Day. Such a thoughtful gift.

Tracy

Carol said...

Oh I needed to see that!! Fliss is wonderful isn't she!!! Can't wait to meet you guys one day!!