Monday, December 24, 2007

Looking At The Christmas Lights Display Tonight






















Near Danville, in a tiny community called Casville, NC there is a HUGE MEGA display of lights out in the middle of the country. We found out about it after moving to Danville and every year we drive down to look at and walk through this wonderful display! The Christmas music is blaring and people are just so friendly wishing each other Merry Christmas as they walk around. There are train set displays and it is just WONDERFUL! This year as we walked around, I couldn't help but wonder if our baby Rebekah will be with us next year all bundled up and enjoying all of the lights! Oh I do hope and pray with all of my heart that she will be!!!!! Here is a letter full of thoughts that I have for our baby Bekah tonight (I wrote much more in her journal that I keep for her. As you can probably guess, I'm pretty emotional tonight and really having a hard time not having our baby this year!):

My Dearest Rebekah,
Please know that wherever you are my angel, Mommy loves you and prays that special guardian angels will watch over you and protect and comfort you until you are placed in our arms! I love you so much baby girl with a love so deep that it even surprises me! I KNOW with every ounce of my being that you are my daughter and I am your mother; no your MOMMY! Your Daddy and I want you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much and there will never be another baby girl who will be loved and cherished as much as you will be. Today, I went in your nursery and held your toys and dolls. I sat in the rocker and thought about you and looked at your clothes in the closet and drawers. It is hard to do that, but it is also comforting to picture you being there soon; wearing those little things and playing in that room. Oh, I shed the tears but at the same time, I felt your little spirit nearby and my mommy's heart was somewhat comforted. It is my prayer that you are safe, taken care of, and protected. I worry about you laying in a crib crying and no one comes to comfort you. My heart aches to think of you needing to be held close and there are no hands there to pick you up. Please know that Mommy and Daddy are sending our love all the way around the world to you this night and every night until we have you right there with us always. Be strong my sweet baby and we will try to be too! I pray that Heavenly Father will intervene in this whole process and bring you home to us during this next year. You will NEVER lack for love or support once we have you in our lives!
Loving You For Eternity and Beyond,
Mommy

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hang in there... there is no way that I am going to let you give up... no now after waiting so long... when you need a pity party... let me know and we will have one together... lol... our munchkins will be with us... (though I have my pity parties too) - I do believe that life throws little lessons to you and this wait (one way or another) is a lesson... maybe our girls just aren't ready yet... take care and have a merry christmas... Fliss and Mike

Tracy said...

Hugs to you. I know that feeling you are talking about so well. And I hope with all of my heart that your sweet girl is here with you next Christmas. Thinking of you and all of those still waiting...

Tracy, Adam and Charlotte

Here's hoping that 2008 brings the most wonderful gift of all to you (and happy 7 year anniversary, too!)