Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Getting Ready To Ring In A New Year: The Year of Rebekah!


Well, I am still tickled "pink" at the news from CCAA and just thinking about them working their way through the stacks of dossiers until they get to ours makes me plum giddy with excitement! Our March Yahoo support group is buzzing with excitement too and we just can't wait to see the face of our child in 2009!!!!!! So, as we lift our glasses of sparkling grape juice tonight in the Appleton home, I hope you will join us in toasting in this great New Year. May we ALL be blessed with happiness, good health, safety, prosperity, and the joy of family. We're waiting for you Rebekah!!!!
Added Later:
Tonight I was listening to a speech by Alan Osmond about his life dealing with Multiple Scolrosis (I know I misspelled this). Anyway it was a very moving speech and one thing he said about dealing with the hardships in life went something like this, "We are not human beings who have spiritual experience, but are spiritual beings having human experiences." This really made me think. As children of a loving Heavenly Father, we are spiritual beings sent to this earth to learn and grow and yes, even to face hardships, but we have to meet this human experiences and come out on the other side of them a better and stronger person. I hope I can remember that when I want to look at hard times and wonder, "Why me?" Another Alan Osmond pointed out was that asking why me? only brings you down. We have to realize that any hardship is just OUR OWN personal chance to grow stronger as a person.He also quoted a doctor that pointed out a study about people who were diagnosed with serious illnesses. 75% had a better quality of life and responded better to treatments because of prayer in their lives. So.....with that said.....I am a little more focused on looking at how this long wait has made me a stronger, more patient person; ready to be a better mom to our daughter. It has made Doug and I more of a team and has made our marriage stronger. Oh, and after I left Alan Osmond's website, I looked at Jay Osmond's and he had a couple of quotes I'd like to share too:
"Trials in life should make us better--not bitter."
"Sometimes God lets us fall on our backs so we can look up." (Look towards a loving Heavenly Father and ask for his help.)
I hope I can be more spiritual this New Year as I prepare to be a mommy.

3 comments:

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

I'll drink to that. I will lift my Diet Coke to your sparkling drink. We enjoyed visiting with you guys over lunch today. Let's do it again in a month to (hopefully) celebrate our referral.

Susan Appleton said...

Tonja, we had a BALL with you guys today! What a fun lunch! Doug commented all the way home about how neat you guys are and how we'd have to get together again soon!!! I think it sounds perfect to have lunch in another month and I'm feeling pretty confident we will be celebrating a referral for you guys!!! Love ya' girl!
Susan

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy New Year to you both and whoo hoo...