Friday, December 19, 2008

Memory Lane




After the last post, I was sitting here trying to think of my favorite childhood toys and possessions. My all time favorite thing was a wooden table and two chairs that my Daddy made for me one Christmas when money was tight and he had to be out of work for months with a back injury. I know I got a doll that year too (I ALWAYS got a new doll at Christmas)but the thing I remembered the most was that table and chairs. I had an old clubhouse out in the back yard and that set was PERFECT for my clubhouse. How in the world did Daddy make that? He was truly talented with stuff like that! I wish I had it now!
Anyhow, as far as store-bought stuff, my favorite toy was the yellow Fisher Price dollhouse! I also had a Chrissy doll that the hair could be grown long or shortened. She had a button on her belly that you pressed to do the hair length. I also remember my favorite lunchbox growing up was a Bionic Woman lunchbox. I loved that show (still do and am wishing it would be released on DVD soon) and I think I had the lunchbox when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I wish I had saved that one too but I'm sure it would be rusted whole by this point. I'm hoping to one day run across one of those! I would really use to carry my lunch to school in! hahahahahaha Oh the kids would LOVE that! Anyhow, that was fun to think about my younger years and the toys that made me happy!

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

If only you had that Bionic Woman lunch box... we sold ours for $60 and it was in rough shape...

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Oh Susan. I had the Chrissy doll also. Unfortunatelly, I got her by that strand of hair the would grow and swung her around and around. Alas, her hair never would shorten back up. Yep I was a litle rough with her. I also had a baby doll called "Baby Go Bye Bye". She was a blond hair little baby that rode in a car. You would turn a butterfly on the side of the car to make it go. Her little head would bobble around while the car drove across the floor. I sure wish I still had that doll. She was so sweet.