Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today Is My Birthday

Will this be the last birthday that I celebrate without our baby? Good golly I hope so! I would seriously hope that next year she will be here with us. Of course with China you just NEVER know.....hahahahahahaha
It has been a rainy birthday, but tomorrow the sun is supposed to come out. I guess you have to experience the rainy days to really appreciate the sunny ones, right? Kind of the same thing with the adoption......you have to experience the horrible, torturous, never-ending pain of the wait so that when that day comes where we are handed our precious little one, we will TRULY appreciate it! I just REALLY hope we at least get our referral before Christmas....it would be great if we traveled before then, but I will be happy to at least know who our baby is and to have that little face in my head.........something to hold on to over the holidays....oh well...what will happen will happen and nothing that I say or want will change that. Anyway....happen birthday to me, right?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!! And....it is your last bday without your babygirl!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

It is definitely the last birthday. If this goes on much longer, we might have to just go over and get a baby without the referral. What do you say????

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy belated birthday to you...
Sorry I never got by to say it and yep, even forgot to send you a card... life here has been crazy at work... enough to make me want to scream... this WILL be your last birthday without here...
I have always said you have to go through the bad, to appreciate the good.
Go through the sad, to appreciate the happy.
Go through the ugly, to appreciate the beauty.
Yes, this whole adoption thing has been crazy and absurd but through the sad, ugliness of it... we will see see the happy, beauty of it all in the end...