Saturday, September 05, 2009

LID-iversary #41.......Still Waiting........



Well, what can I say at this point that I haven't said for the past 41 months????? There's no point griping about it.......that does no good......so let's move on......
Today Doug and I drove down to Greensboro and spent the day just browsing around down there at baby stores and then out to eat at Cracker Barrel. We bought a little denim jumper with pink flowers on it at the Osh Kosh store. Cute little things in there but I try not to buy too many clothes because we don't know what size our baby will be yet. When I do break down and buy little things I get them in 12 month or 18 months so she will hopefully be smaller and be able to grow into them one day. That little jumper was just too adorable to pass up and she can wear it with either a short sleeved or long-sleeved shirt.
Anyhow, then we went to Baby's R Us where I saw the little Pooh bear dressed up as Piglet. It was just too adorable to pass up. We also got 2 thermal receiving blankets because we have figured out that it will probably be Fall or Winter when we get her (THANK GOD it won't be the summertime!). Then we found a good sale on the onesies. They were on clearance and if you bought one pack, you got the other pack for only a dollar!!!!!! WOW! Couldn't pass that up, so I bought one pack in 12 months and the other pack in 18 months!
Overall, it has been a great day. Loved spending time with my hubby and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! We listened to music, talked, sang (well, I SANG) all the way down and back. Oh, we also stopped by this cake shop down in Greensboro and ate REALLY good cake. The place is called "Maxie-B's" and they have all these cakes and you pick the one you want to try and they cut a HUGE slice for you. I tried the Chocolate Sin cake and Doug got the strawberry cake with butter creme frosting....oh yea....FRESH strawberries in the layers.....yep, my fork traveled across the table a couple of times!!!! hahahahahahahaha

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I agree... there isn't anything that can be done about so I try to not gripe... well, maybe in the back of my head :)