Thursday, August 27, 2009

Making Some More Preparations.......

Well today I contacted our Human Resources department at work to find out what all I need to do to prepare things as we get closer to referral time. I have NO idea how maternity leave works and how you go about getting ready for a long-term substitute teacher, so these are some preliminary inquiries about all of that. I want to make sure that I get a sub who will not just keep the kids busy, but will TEACH the material that needs to be covered while I am absent. They don't need a babysitter....they need a teacher those weeks. Anyhow, a few people are supposed to contact me about all of this and I must admit it makes it feel a little more "real" when you start looking at the logistics of it all. We still have NO idea when we will get a referral. We're hoping it will be before Christmas.......we'd sure love to have our little bundle of joy to celebrate the holidays with this year! We're praying that all of that happens. I guess I also need to contact the pediatrician's office and sit down with the doctor for a preliminary visit. I want to make sure that when we are in China, he/she will be available should we need to call or email questions. I also want to make sure that he/she is familiar with the problems/concerns associated with internationally adopted children. We also need to buy those gifts that we have take to give all of the "officials" in China. We talked about looking for some of that stuff this weekend. Everyone keep praying and sending positive wishes our way! Thanks!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Always thinking of you!

Cheri

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

It is fun being able to get all the stuff together... I am going to start looking at a doctor for her or for me to talk to them. There is one I know how has experience with 'Asian' kids... I am having 2 weeks holiday while in China and then when we get back... 12 weeks off... it is nice to finally count down our own days then anyone elses... If worst comes to worst and we only have the referral before Christmas... I guess I can live with that...

Bobby and Regina said...

I can't wait to see that referral picture, and hear all about her!! Praying for those next batches to be big ones so they get to your date really soon! We would love to meet her at our Christmas party! Love, Regina

The Landes Family said...

hey, check with your local department stores for items that they have given away and may have some left over. This is where I got all of my gifts. It did not cost me anything.