Wednesday, August 05, 2009

It's That Time Again.....the 5th of the month......

Yep, another LID-iversary.......#40! Can you honestly believe that? Can you even BEGIN to understand how that feels to wait 40 WHOLE MONTHS for someone to help you realize your heart's desire????? Sometimes I sit here and think that we are NEVER going to get a referral. Yesterday I went to National Night Out and ran into a couple of students that I taught 4 years ago when we started this whole process and they could not believe that we still don't have our baby! One of them even teared up and gave me a hug and said, "Oh Mrs. Appleton, I want you to be a Mama so bad because you are like a mom to all of the kids that come in your classroom!" Talk about something really touching my heart! I couldn't hold the tears back in my own eyes!
Is this EVER going to happen for US????????? China only has to do 12 days (March 23-April 5) in order for us to finally be able to see our baby's face.......here's hoping they do some speeding up and get us that referral before Christmas! I can't wait until I can hold her referral picture in my hands and share it with all of our family and friends who constantly stand by our sides and encourage us month after month to hang in there! I can't help but think about a very special little girl who is probably alive this very minute somewhere in China.......the little girl who will become our pride and joy and the answer to so many years of prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your dream comes soon.. I was there and I only held out a couple of years before I had to pull out.. I think of all the China families every month and hope that the number of referrals increase!

Polar Bear said...

I KNOW exactly how you feel.

I dread going back to school next week and hearing all of my kids talk about how we STILL don't have her.

Never in a million years did I dream we would be waiting over 40 months. Shoot! We thought we would be home with number two by now. LOL

We're getting there...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my... I think I would be crying like a baby after what the kids said... slowly our turn is coming...

Anonymous said...

I hope the time goes quickly and those 12 days are erroded fast! It makes me sad to see so many families having to wait so long!

LJ said...

No, I can't believe this wait...never would have dreamed things would slow down so drastically.
Will be thinking of you and can't WAIT to celebrate once you have your referral!
~LJ