Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MEAN PEOPLE ARE ALIVE AND WELL!

Well, I had a pretty nasty email today from someone on one of my adoption yahoo groups. Let me tell you the whole sordid story. Yesterday when I found out that the CCAA only matched two days (March 21st and 22nd) I posted a note on this particular group just venting my disappointment. I had really gotten excited lately since CCAA had matched 6 days one month and 6 days the next month, and I had let myself get a little excited that "maybe" that trend would continue and we'd get our referral in September. I made the comment that "China had kicked us in the teeth." Now, first of all let me say that I did NOT mean the Chinese people......I was referring to the China Adoptive Process....the agonizing process where one minute things look up and then they immediately look down again. I was not meaning that I was holding anything against CCAA or the Chinese people. WELL.........
This morning I wake up and am getting ready to go out to a doctors appointment and I quickly check my email. THIS PERSON has written me a nasty little email reprimanding me like you would a two-year-old child and professes that the Chinese owe me nothing and that I should be ashamed of the way I have talked about the birthplace of my future child. This is not the first time she has attacked me for my own personal opinions either. I was fed up with her and I told her so. I also proceeded to explain what I meant by my statement and that I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying it so that it sounded like I was holding something against the Chinese. Well, she got her butt in an uproar because I stood up to her and also told her that a lot of people quit posting on that group because of her and she sent me another email and said the meanest thing to me: "I feel so sorry for your daughter." What the heck??????? Here is this woman that has never met me, never had a conversation with me, and she is implying that I am not going to be a good mom to my own child just because I was frustrated with the news of a 2 day batch and was venting that frustration. She had NO right to say that to me at all! At first I was going to snap back at her with my southern temper and let her have it......then I stopped, said a quick prayer asking for patience and decided to take the higher road. I just replied that it was a mean to say. Of course she didn't reply. The sad thing is that this person has scriptures and everything all over her blog and portrays herself as this nice person.....but she thinks she can talk to someone like that.......I think they call that hypocritical. At least MY daughter will have a mom who will allow her to express herself openly and even if I don't always agree with her opinions, I will respect her enough not to come back with a cutting remark to hurt her feelings.

5 comments:

M said...

I know it's hard to ignore the adoption community mean girls, but try...she's not worth your energy and she knows it and that's probably why she's a 'mean girl'.

And yes, a 2 day batch does feel like a kick in the teeth! Hang in there, we're getting closer!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Amen sister... I had enough of that little 'attitude' myself...

Elizabeth Crane said...

You are not going to be a good parent because you disagree with her and you needed to vent to folks that should understand and support you? That's just silly. Fact is, you are going to be a great mom and you have a right to be yanked off at how long the adoption is taking. Glad you chose to take the high road, Susan!

LJ said...

So sorry you had to deal with something like that. As someone on that same group I believe (a lurker--aka busy mom), I read your post and totally understood your message. Maybe you should have replied saying that you would be praying for HER. :-)
~LJ

Heidi said...

Great blogg!!