Monday, July 20, 2009

Just Call Me Charlie Brown! UGH!


Well, it is confirmed that CCAA only matched TWO FREAKING DAYS this past month: March 21st and 22nd! I feel like that old gullible block-head, Charlie Brown.....Remember when Lucy used to tempt him every time to kick that football and he would at first refuse to believe that maybe she'd hold it still for him to kick it, but then she would convince him that this was the time....he was going to kick that football. And he would get so excited and run with all his might.....believing it was going to happen this time........and then she would be a big jerk and pull it away and he'd kick with all his might and just land on his back with a humiliating UGH! Well, that's me! Every stupid month, I let my hopes get up that we are soooooooooooooo close.......China is going to match 6 more days and then 6 more days and then US....oh boy I've been just letting my imagination run wild picturing us getting a referral, starting back to buying little things......oh boy going to "kick that football."
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And then China (just like mean ol' Lucy) pulls that football away and here I am laying on my back, with the wind knocked out of me just wondering why I do this to myself every time. You can't trust the rumors, or China, or your growing hopes........you're going to get the wind knocked out of you every time and be left just laying there like a big fool. UGH!

4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I feel the same way... oh crap... let's hope that it is all lies and falsehoods and they will surprise us and do more... hey, wishful thinking here...

Susan Appleton said...

No, it's a definite two day batch. Our agency has families with LIDs of March 23rd and they didn't get referrals for them. YES it SUCKS! Like I said, I feel like the blockhead Charlie Brown for allowing myself to be gullible again!

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard to look on the bright side...if there is one? But your "still" one month closer than you were last month at this time. Insert object of your choice to throw at me...
Honestly,keep the faith and when adopting don't we all get a little gullible?

Susan Appleton said...

You are right Becky....we are a month closer (albeit just 2 days! hahahahahahahaha). I just have to vent my frustration sometimes. I was on one yahoo group and vented my frustration and said that I felt like I had gotten my hopes up and had China kick me in the teeth again. Oh my gosh, the moderator wrote me a nasty email about China not owing me anything and how horrible it was of me to speak so badly of the Chinese. I wrote back and told her that I didn't MEAN the Chinese people, just that the whole process was agonizing and disappointing when I get my hopes up with 6 day batches and then BAM.....2 days. I told her she didn't have the right to tell me how to feel or what to say and she replied with a MEAN comment and said, "I feel sorry for your daughter." What the HECK???? How mean is that????? IMplying that I will be a bad mother or something.......I was VERY tempted to write her back and be mean, but then decided to rise to a higher level. But I must admit that it hurt my feelings for someone to say something like that to me and they don't even know me. What kind of mother is SHE going to be when she treats people like this??? Am I not allowed an opinion???? Feelings of disappointment?????? Anyhow....thanks for the encouragement!
Susan