Monday, August 04, 2008

NOT A GOOD DAY!

Well, since this is MY blog and I can say whatever I want to say and vent any feelings that I am having.....here goes.......
We are in the process of updating our freaking homestudy and tonight I got TWO emails from the social worker who is supposedly working on our "simple and painless" update. She keeps asking me if we are working on a concurrent adoption with Danville Social Services. I have NO earthly idea why she would think that we are doing that. My gosh, do I just have IDIOT stamped across my forehead? Would I REALLY adopt a child through Social Services at this point and time in our China Adoption Process KNOWING full well that if we did, we would have to wait another YEAR before we could accept a referral from China??????????????? OH MY GOD! GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wrote to her the first time and told her no, we had worked with social services BEFORE we got involved with China, but once we started on our dossier, we closed our file with the social services. Plus, social services had never given us a child in the first place after we worked with them for two years, so we had given up on that route before we even switched to China. But, then she writes me again asking if we are working with Social Services.........ok, at this point, I got hot! Doug is talking about calling a lawyer because last year when we updated the homestudy, nothing was ever even mentioned about all of this, and now it seems to be some sort of issue that we have NO CLUE about the origins of. Plus, she stood in our livingroom during her visit and told us that all of our background checks, criminal checks, etc. had come back EXCEPT my fingerprints were messed up and I would have to redo them at the police station which I did once they sent me the new card. Tonight, she emails me and says we're missing some of those things in our file........WHAT THE HECK????????? I feel like I'm being jerked around and not being told the truth about the stuff. I hate that feeling. We had that happen to us with our first social worker who took 23 weeks to complete our homestudy when it was SUPPOSED to be a 6-8 week process. We could have been logged in by December 2005 had it not been for this person and we could have our baby by now. We explained that to this new social worker and asked her to please help make this process a positive experience.........I guess that was a waste of my breath. It just seems like EVERY STEP of this adoption is made to be harder than it should be. I just started a new school year, had one sleep last night, and now I have to deal with THIS. It's not fair to be treated this way after everything we have been through. 29 FREAKING HELLISH months of waiting and now we have to endure questions that make no sense at all and a social worker that won't listen when we plainly tell her that we are NOT adopting from Social Services.....how much plainer can I make that??????????? I have called our China Coordinator and the agency rep. and left them messages, but no one is in the office to call us back at this moment so I'm trying to hang in there until I can talk to one of them tomorrow. And now it is almost 10:00pm and I still have a pile of work to do. I have tears in my eyes just flowing out of frustration and impatience with the whole situation. This is MY blog so I can vent here and get it out of my system. If we don't get some answers soon, we'll be visiting a lawyer. Maybe then they will take care of our case like they should.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh I agree, this is wrong.....someone is screwing up here!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

As I stick my tongue out at your Social Worker... I let Susan read mine and half the girls at Great Wall have also read it... thank goodness they aren't loopy...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're having to endure this during your wait. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Linda Jones

Dawn S. said...

Vent it out, sister!! I have an issue I can't even post about until it (prayerfully) gets resolved!!

LID 3-13-06

flipflopfleet.blogspot.com