Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bawling Like A Baby

Well, I sat here and watched the Steven Curtis Chapman family on Larry King Live.....oh my gosh.....what a TOUCHING and faith-affirming experience! I have cried for the whole hour! I bawled like a baby when they told the story about finding her artwork that she did the morning of the accident. She had drawn a flower that had six petals but had only colored one. They have six children and Steven said that when he went home with one of his sons after she died, to get some clothes for the memorial service, they kept saying aloud to God, "Please let us SEE your purpose in this, please let us see that she is ok and she's whole and she's happy." And then they found the picture she had drawn. Only one petal was colored WHOLE and under the flower she had written in crayon the word, "SEE", like she was saying, "See, I'm ok." Oh my gosh, I am STILL crying just thinking about it! The Chapman family explained it as a little "breadcrumb" that God gives to us to let us know that things are ok and things are going as HE plans it! I thought of our adoption and this HORRIBLE wait that we are having to endure and I KNOW that it is NOTHING compared to the grief that the beautiful Chapman family has had to endure. I guess this Larry King show was a little "breadcrumb" for me to let me KNOW that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing and that we will see our baby's face when the time is right. Now I'm not promising that I won't have some rough moments as we continue to wait, but I feel very strengthened by this show and just the faith that family showed. (Yep, still sitting here sobbing). So, with that said, I just pray that Heavenly Father will continue to bless this family in their grieving hearts and may he bless them for sharing their story and seeking to give hope and comfort to everyone who saw it! My faith was certainly strengthened! God bless them and all of you who read it!
Love to you all!
Susan

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... I saw that... it was so sad but nice to see that they have such gorgeous memories of her... take care

Anonymous said...

I saw the portion of the show when they were speaking about the flower she drew that morning and was really affected by it. I just felt that she was giving them the message that she knew she would be with God soon and that should would be o.k.

Linda Jones