Sunday, June 15, 2008

T.J. Bearytales


Ok, today we went to Toys Are Us and had a ball looking at toys and picking out a few! hahahahahahahahahaha What fun! One of the toys we got for Rebekah is a little bear called, T.J. Bearytales. He is this electronic bear that reads stories. The books are so cute and when T.J. reads them, he moves his ears and eyes, and arms and is REALLY animated! The stories are fun, imaginative, and I must admit that we bought 2 books and I have already listened to them both. He also has songs and games with each book and the book cartridges slide into this backpack that he has on his back. It is just plum adorable!!!! We had seen this bear about a year ago and added him to our Toys Are Us Baby Registry and at the time he cost over $50 but they have him on clearance now for $19.99! They only had two left in the store and we got one plus two of the storybooks/cartridges which were $4.98. So.....if any of you out there are looking for a toy that encourages literacy, imaginative play, and is just adorable, then rush out to your Toys Are Us and get this! As a teacher I tend to evaluate toys a little closer and look for the educational value in toys more than most people and this is just GREAT!

2 comments:

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Okay who were the toys REALLY for? Isn't it fun shopping for stuff? I can't wait until I get a little closer and feel comfortable looking for baby furniture. Hey maybe you can come down and help.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will confess that we were in Barnes and Noble and I did not buy one book - well for me at least but bought 3 for Shauna's collection of books... I want her to have a ton of books... I bought 'Ladybug Girl' (yeah I know - a ladybug but it was funny... like a superhero ladybug who uses her imagination), Treehouse book about China (ok I don't have the books in front of me and can't recall the titles off hand) and one about wild animals but it isn't... ahhh... will have to blog it at some stage I guess... hehehehe... as we say we aren't going to buy anything... hehehe