Sunday, June 01, 2008

Something For Us All To Think About


MusicSRC.com - Music Videos
I watched this video (which made me cry) and then the part afterwards when Steven Curtis Chapman talks about how he wrote Cinderella. It really makes a person to think about all of the times in life that we rush around and don't take the time to really appreciate the people in our lives that mean the most. I hope that when I get Rebekah, I can remember this and just slow down and enjoy every moment of her growing up. I never want to catch myself "wishing her life away," like I've heard some parents do when they say, "I can't wait til my baby can walk, talk, eat solids, go to school, etc." I want to enjoy EVERY single moment of her life and not wish for her to grow up too fast. I want to enjoy every single moment of being a mommy after waiting so long for it to happen! ENJOY the video!

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ok... I heard all about this song from everyone, everywhere so thought I would hear it for myself... well, I feel in love with the song... yeah... I confess... I had a little sob too... so sweet... I agree with you on not rushing things... I have no intentions of wanting Shauna to get 'older'... know what I mean...

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Time really does fly by so quickly. My baby just finished her last year in elementary school. How did she get to be in middle school so quickly? You know my story so I won't go into it here. Suffice it to say that you should enjoy every minute and don't sweat the small stuff. In the grand scheme of things, SCC is right. "Before you know it, the clock will strike midnight and she/he will be gone." Cait is at an age where she barely needs me. I miss those baby days. Sigh.....