Wednesday, March 05, 2008

23rd LID-iversary Today
















Well here we are at month #23 since we had our paperwork(dossier) logged in in good ol' China. No end in sight. You know sometimes I feel like this is just some crazy joke that is NEVER going to happen! I mean really........are we EVER going to get a baby???? Even now, sitting here typing this, I can't help but laugh.....what's the old saying? It's better to laugh than to cry.....so yes, I'm laughing because it has just gotten to the point where it is ridiculous.....23 MONTHS! Next month will be TWO WHOLE YEARS that our paperwork has sit on some shelf in China collecting dust and probably getting eat up by moths! hahahahahahahaha By the time they get to our little LID stack for April 5, 2006 there will be nothing left except some big ol' fat Chinese moths! hahahahahahahahahaha
Let's hope it's in a protective ziplock......
Anyhow, that's my entry for this LID-iversary. On a brighter note....we did find out this week that the CCAA has gotten through January 4, 2006, (8 days worth in a whole month) so at least they are working on 2006 ones.......FINALLY! We'll keep going on with life while we wait for them to sort through and get to the April 06ers! Why did I choose to post the sleeping ladybug? Well, that's kind of how I feel this dream of being a mommy is going......it's just lazily sleeping waiting for the big wakeup call when we see CCAA getting closer to matching us with our baby. I think so many of us WANT to be excited about the process but it's a dormant "sleeping" dream right now to us and we guard our hearts by not getting too excited for fear of it coming to an end and our hearts being broken. Let's just hope CCAA speeds up and takes us all by surprise! Now THAT would be something worth getting excited over!

6 comments:

Kayce said...

Happy 23 Susan!!

Keep the faith!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Dammed fat Chinese moth - I am in the right framed off mind to go over there and pop his bloated body should he touch my papers... make him into his own little silk worm... hehehe... Like I told you on the phone... I am 'slowly' starting to get things together... allowing a little bit of hope to creep in... still, I am going to stick to my little thing of not getting overly excited... yet... having said that... I had best get down to Shauna's room and clear out the rest of the closet of junk... if only Mike would let ME clean it out... all the junk in there would be gone in 5 seconds... haha... take care

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Love the picture, Susan. Hang in there, sister, it is going to happen for us. Just crossed the 2 year mark. Hopefully this is our last year and counting down....

Kristy said...

Praying this is our year!!!! I just have to stay positive or I would go NUTS!!!! I hope you don't mind but I copied your little napping ladybug for future use. I just thought it was s darned cute!!

Kristy
lid 4/21/06

Kathryn said...

Hi Susan,
I echo your sentiments exactly, it's all about protecting the heart and living in the hear and now. I hope they have some good dust covers in China!!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Going to bed but hope you had fun away... sure Dougie is glad to have you back... more later... Fliss