Thursday, June 21, 2007

Taggy Blanket



I finally had time to sit down and sew Rebekah's taggy blanket. For those of you who don't know what a taggy blanket is........well, little babies LOVE to play with the tags on their clothes and blankets so someone had the bright of idea of making a blanket with little ribbons on the outside (taggies) and then the baby would have plenty of things to play with. This really helps in the tactile development of babies. Most of the blankets like this are small but I wanted to make a larger one. Mine is about a yard wide and a yard in length. I also added a ruffle around the edges with the ribbons to add some frill to it. What a fun blanket to make! I had a ball using my sewing machine and working on it for baby Bekah. I hope she loves it one day and knows how much I love her!

4 comments:

Ken-Jennifer-Hannah said...

Your Taggy Blanket is absolutely beautiful, you did a wonderful job on it.

Kim said...

Love it! I made a one for our little one and for my secret pal and secret pal giver. Your blanket looks great!

Susan said...

Looks great!!! Thx for sharing.
susan
lid 2/13/06
www.crowellgang.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Very pretty! I've made a lot of tag toys over the past year or so and they really are fun for the kids. A friend just ordered her 3rd as her daughter takes one with her everywhere she goes. Hope your little one enjoys hers!