Sunday, June 10, 2007

New Goodies For Rebekah




Friday I went on a field trip with my 5th grade students to Amazement Square in Lynchburg, VA. It was such an interesting and fun Science museum and when we visited the gift shop, I found some stuff for Rebekah! I bought a little wooden ladybug that has wheels on it. You pull it back and let it go and it goes flying across the floor (the cats loved it). I also got her a plush ladybug that you push a button on it and it makes noises like an insect flying. THEN, I found this cool puppet that is a cheerleader and is a HOOT to play with! I love puppets and have started collecting them for Rebekah. I remember growing up and making my stuffed animals talk and just having a fun time with them and I know that puppets are so interactive for children to play with. They really help in the cognitive development of young children plus they are so darn fun to play with! So far I have a Lambchop puppet, a calico cat puppet and now this cheerleader. Anyhow, it was a fun trip and a fun shopping trip too!

No comments: