Sunday, June 10, 2007

Roanoke FCC Picnic


Yesterday we had the BEST time as we attended an FCC Picnic in Roanoke, VA. This group of people welcomed us to be a part of them and then befriended us so dearly! We saw so many beautiful children adopted from China and literally spent most of the time staring at the children. There were so many people who came up to us and shared their adoption stories with us and just encouraged us to hang in there during this horrible waiting period. They were quick to share hugs and just made us feel like part of their Roanoke FCC Group even though we live in Danville. It was so worth the drive! We talked about it all the way home and most of today and I went back to view everyone's blog that I had seen before but now it was wonderful to have a personal experience with these people and then reread their travel journals. One lady whose travel blog I had followed, saw me and quickly came over to talk. She hugged me and said, "Oh my gosh, it is so exciting to know that you are going to be a first time Mommy in a matter of months!" It made my heart just flutter to know that those words are so true. It may be October, it may be March.....who knows the exact month, but the truth is IT WILL BE TRUE! I needed that so much!
Yes, this wait is long and it's HARD, but I thank God for other people who are so quick to share their support with us! Thank GOD for people who reach out to others and share each others' burdens in a spirit of friendship that means so much to us! We had taken our camera and videocamera and TOTALLY forgot to take pictures. We were so enthralled with the children and so involved in warm conversation, that that was more than enough for us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!!!