Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day (And Mothers-To-Be Day)!

Well today hasn't been too bad of a Mothers Day. Usually I'm all upset and cranky because I'm not a mom yet, but this year it feels like we are really really close and I was also able to celebrate in my friend Tonja's joy as she became a Mommy today! She got her little baby, Marissa, and I was able to wake up this morning and see her sweet baby's face and the joy in my friend's eyes! I just KNOW in the very deepest crevices of my heart that I'm going to be a mommy soon. My day is coming!!!!!! Plus my sweet hubby came up with the suggestion that we ride down to Burlington, NC for a late lunch/early dinner at Olive Garden. We did a little shopping too beforehand and I got a really pretty top at Dress Barn, so overall it has been a fun day. One of my friends on Facebook had sent me a message talking about how she admires my whole "PATIENCE" in this whole adoption journey. Oh I had to laugh out loud! See, I have NO patience in ANY situation and I can recall MANY MANY MANY days and nights of tears, screaming, fussing, cussing (yes mom, cussing.....sorry about that), hating China, hating my life, hating having had a hysterectomy for cancer, hating everyone else that could pop out kids, just being a total MONSTER about this whole waiting......so for someone to try to paint me as this angelic, patient, saint, is just so darn funny! hahahahahahahahaha I wrote her back and said that basically my patience is not real......it is a FORCED PATIENCE that I FORCED AGAINST MY WILL TO ENDURE and that I totally and absolutely 100% hate not having ANY CONTROL over this whole journey...............not one single thing do I have control over and for someone who is a type A, control freak, that is NOT GOOD! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha So, don't put a halo over my head and think that I am enduring this wait in any way that would nominate me for sainthood..........it's just a necessary evil that I must endure to get to the end result that my heart and soul desires so much..........MOMMYHOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Love to you all on this Mothers Day and to my own mother, I just want to say, "Thank you for being my Mama and for enduring all of the drama that I have put you through all these years.......my mother truly knows what it is like to parent a "drama-queen!" Bless her wonderful and loving heart!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy Mummy To Be Day to you... yep, our day is coming...