Thursday, April 02, 2009

Why Am I Not Excited??????

It seems like everyone with March and April 2006 LIDs are getting excited, so why am I still feeling NOTHING?????? So many of my online friends are getting nurseries ready, buying stuff, practicing packing, gathering packing lists, etc. etc. and feeling giddy with excitement, but I am feeling NOTHING. I WANT to feel those old feelings that I used to have when I used to think about our baby girl and everything associated with the adoption, but there's nothing in my heart that flutters when I think about it at all. Maybe I need to buy something or redo things in the nursery or sew another blanket/quilt/taggy blanket or SOMETHING.....maybe I need to go look at baby supplies/clothes or do the baby registries......I just can't seem to summon up the desire to do any of it. What is wrong with me????????

4 comments:

angie said...

I find that smelling the beautiful head of someone else child, or the bald head of cutie pie, always makes me feel better (ask first though!) the feelings will come...the wait is exhausting & can suck those feelings right outta ya. good luck!

Angie LID 10/18/07

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Sweetie, you've just been on this ride long enough to know that getting your hopes up, usually ends in deflated feelings when it doesn't pan out. If it is any comfort, we travel in a month (a little over) and I haven't made a packing list. I promise you are going to feel so much different when you know it is your turn and you finally see her sweet face. There is nothing wrong with you.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Well, at least that they are now up to March 8th... if you aren't excited right now... I will be excited for the two of us so that when the time comes and you do get excited - then I will hand it back to you :)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with you, sugar. You have had a long, frustrating road. I'm sitting here with my 4 year old grandson from Russia and thinking of all the love and joy that's in store for you. My daughter was also frustrated and at her wits end, but now we have our precious Alexander (I call him Alexander the Great; Mom and Dad call him Xander). We will keep you in our prayers hope you get the call soon>
Love,
Karen Banish