Monday, April 13, 2009

Introducing: Bekah Bear!


Last week when we went to Roanoke, VA for Doug's citizenship ceremony, we decided to look around the mall afterwards and Doug suggested that we go to Build-A-Bear and make a bear for Rebekah. Of course you don't have to twist my arm to make me go there! I love it! So we went in, looked at the many choices of animals, and of course decided to go with the panda bear! I decided to name her Bekah since it will be Rebekah's bear. I dressed it in a pink baby onesie and diaper with "Hello Kitty" slippers (in honor of her cat sisters) and then put a pacifier around it's neck. I also found an American flag since both she and Daddy will be new citizens and Doug got her a Pawport (passport) that you can have stamped when you go to different Build-A-Bear stores. Apparently they even have some in China! It was a lot of fun and the guy who waited on us let both Doug and I put in hearts as her parents so Bekah Bear has 2 hearts! (Twice as much love for our Rebekah!). It was fun and I hope one day she will love her little bear as much as we loved making it for her while we are waiting to hold her in our arms!

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I had one done for Shauna too and it has a little Tinkerbell dress... though I am going to take it to China with us... give it to her there...

Susan Appleton said...

We have one that our Secret Pals did for Rebekah a while back but we wanted to do one too....and to do a Panda. I just LOVE Build-A-Bear!