Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do We DARE To Believe The Rumors??????

Ok, you would think after 33 months of waiting for the CCAA to match us with a baby and the many many many many many many many many many times we have heard that they are going to "speed up" we would learn our lesson and not believe a single word of it.....but alas, another rumor is milling around that not only have they gotten into the March 2006 LID's BUT they are apparently WELL INTO the month like they have not been before for years.....ok, someone just slap me for being stupid enough to fall for this again.....I mean, really, how many times am I going to listen to rumors like this and get my hopes up????? Well, I'm a fool again because those hopes are creeping up and there's nothing I can do to stop them! hahahahahahahahahahaha Yep, my parents must have raised the biggest fool in the world! Sorry Mom and Dad, I guess I just didn't listen to the old sayings, "once burned; twice shy." Good Lord, I've been burned so many times by these rumors, I should be a pile of freaking ashes.....So, here I sit with my "ashy" self, letting my heart hope that we will see our baby's face soon.......I guess I listened too much to the old saying, "Hope springs eternal!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you are not a fool to keep hoping! I would tell myself every month not to read the rumors and not get my hopes up, only to do it over and over. This wait is crazy and frustrating, but there is an end to it. Hang in there and whatever happens this month, you will still be closer to seeing your baby than the month before.

Anonymous said...

Your not crazy! Your just ready for your daughter and there is nothing wrong with that! I can't imagine the way you have been feeling. I thought I was going to die when the wait time for us went from 6-9 months to 12! I too listend to all the rumors. I thought I was going to go bonkers. But then when we got that referral for that perfect little girl the ache was less. Then when we had her in our arms even less, now today, I do remember it but not as sharply as before. So I can't wait for you to have your baby because I know how it feels and want that for you, even though we have never met.
You are no fool just wanting to have a baby in your arms...and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!
Becky
babygirlbennett.blogspot.com

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ok... I will come over and slap you senseless... it was fun talking this afternoon...
I am like you... I am not going to hold my breathe with these rumours but I will keep all my fingers/toes crossed... I personally don't think that they have gotten THAT far into the month... still, I am going to start doing stuff...
It is updated... hahaha

Kathy said...

Please consider a child with a minor or correctable condition. Come and see our blog www.jazzyrose.blogspot.com and meet the daughter that we got referred to us just 6 short months from filling out the very 1st adoption paper. She is a gifted child with an extra toe on each foot. Well that was until this past Friday when she had surgery. Just 4 months after coming home with us one surgery and no more Special Needs! Even something as simple as a birth mark on a child's leg or arm can put them in this category. Unfortunately, when people hear Special Needs it scares them off. They have no idea that most of these children have very little wrong with them. Start to finish we were done with the entire process and Jazmyne Rose-Noel was in our arms!
Kathy Rees
www.jazzyrose.blogspot.com