Friday, November 28, 2008

I Learned Something New!


I have always wanted to know how to make bows that would look professionally done. Wednesday we got early at school and a bunch of teacher-friends got together and had the "bow-making Queen, Donna" teach us how to make these beautiful bows! She makes them and insisted that she could teach us! I had tried before years ago and my bows looked HORRIBLE, but Donna was GREAT and taught us ALL how to do it like a pro! Today I put mine on a wreath that I put together and hung on our front door. I'm pretty darn happy with how it turned out and I might make another one to tie around our mailbox! It's always fun to learn a new craft!!!! Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

Beautiful, Susan. Maybe you can come down and teach me. I'm hopeless at crafts. Not a crafty bone in my body.

Debbie said...

Great job, wish you lived closer, you could teach me!!

Susan Appleton said...

Tonja I would LOVE to show you how to make them! They are fun, fast, and just so pretty! I couldn't believe how easy they were!
Susan
Debbie, I wish I lived closer to you too!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... I do these at work... though haven't done one for a while... I sometimes do Floral and if I had to make an arrangement I would make one of these... no, I take that back... I would probably be a bit rusty at these right now... hehehe... just pass the curling ribbon for now... hehehe