Saturday, February 02, 2008

Chinese New Year Luncheon Today!



Today Doug and I went to a Chinese New Year Luncheon with the Roanoke FCC (Families With Children From China) Group. It was at a restaurant called The China King and it was delicious but our favorite part was getting to see all of the beautiful children and talk with our new friends that we've made as a result of being part of this group. We even met a couple that had just returned from China only a week ago and their beautiful little girl! This group has been so nice and supportive to us and we have really come to LOVE many of them who have reached out to encourage us, help us, and befriend us as we go through this long and arduous journey towards getting our Baby Rebekah! They will NEVER know how much they have helped us and how we leave get-togethers with them feeling energized, encouraged, and uplifted! They are quick to offer their friendship and to give us the hugs of encouragement and understanding that our hearts need! Oh my gosh, my heart is so full tonight just thinking about the conversations, warm smiles, and benevolent hearts of these people!!!! I have tears in my eyes just typing this up! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father led us to find them, and inspired them to reach out to us in such a way that has made a difference in our lives! Doug took a TON of pictures of the families and the children. They were all so beautiful and we can't wait until we have our own little Rebekah to take to these functions and meet these people who are so incredibly kind-hearted! I hope that one day I can help others get through this process like they are helping me!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Don't panic... we will get there... I am glad you had such a great time... take care