Monday, September 04, 2006

Started Rebekah's 100 Wishes Scrapbook




Well, today I started putting wishes that people have been sending in to Rebekah's scrapbook. It was fun to sit down and look at all of them again. We have 63 so we still need 37 more. If you'd like to send one, email me at mommychinaadopt@yahoo.com

Anyhow, I have pictures of the front cover (which I might change), the title page (I need to add the story of the 100 Wishes Quilt tradition), and the first page with wishes from Doug and I for our baby girl. I think I just need a day or two to sit down and work on it for a long time. But then again, if I do a few pages every now and then, I can relax and really enjoy it.

As I made it, I couldn't help but think about the daughter that we will one day have and the joy this book of wishes will bring to her. I can't wait until we can look at them together and have her realize just HOW many people went the extra mile to send us a wish and fabric square for her quilt. I hope that her quilt will come together easily and be something that she will also enjoy and treasure for years to come. The tradition of making a 100 Wishes Quilt could be used for ANY baby ANYWHERE because of the love and wishes for a happy future that are a part of it. Of course this will be my first attempts at making a quilt so it might not be a grand work of art, but I think it will be a work of HEART that will mean much more!
Thanks to everyone that has sent us a wish and fabric square. I'm going to also include a list of people who sent wishes and their hometowns in the back so that she can see the many places that the wishes have come from(from Virginia to California to ALASKA!) What a special memory the wishes book will be for her too! THANK YOU ALL!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your blog! It's very nice and I just love reading your entries. We have a blog too if you want to come and visit ours it's: http://adoptionandfire.typepad.com

Blessings on your journey to your baby!

Dana said...

Your blog is great, I am jealous that you have started a scrapbook, I need to get mine started. Best wishes,
www.meilisinchina.blogspot.com
Dana