Saturday, April 26, 2008

Doing Yard Work Today!









Today was a GORGEOUS day! Much too pretty to be inside so Doug and I visited Lowes and picked up mulch, tomato plants and flowers for my patio flower beds in the back. It was about 84 degrees, sunny, and breezy......simply beautiful! What a joy to work in our yard together and see the finished product! God is truly an artist!
I love the bushes in front of our home that are now in FULL bloom and purple beside the garage is a FAVORITE!!!!! Doug did a great job cleaning out around the two trees in front of our house and putting down new mulch. He had to clip a lot of little plants and stems that had started to grow and then lay the new mulch down. Of course now we are inside and having a HUGE thunderstorm outside!hahahahahahahaha I guess we planted it and now God is watering it for us! I have the patio doors open looking from the kitchen to my pretty flower beds now! I love the little purple daisy-looking flowers and of course the others are PINK and we have ivy growing between the two from last year that was teeny-tiny when I planted it. It's STILL alive! Oh, and check out my Canadian (city-born) hubby barefooted on his mower! If his Daddy could see him now! YAY!

4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

My yard needs fixing bad... right now it is brown and sand... I think we need a new leeching (? spel) field... water is washing away dirt... I thought we had sink holes and the only decent plants I can grow are palm trees or plumbago shrubs... oh and a few others that I just let go nuts... Where were you Susan when Doug was working?

Anonymous said...

so admiring since I don't have a yard... hope to see beautiful flowers picture in your future blogs :)

Carol said...

I LOVE Spring!!

Kristy said...

I love this time of year!!! I love working in the yard and yours looks beautiful!!!