Friday, November 09, 2007

We Have A Piano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Well, yesterday they delivered my piano! I have longed and longed for a piano for YEARS! When I lived with my parents in Halifax County a neighbor gave us his family's OLD upright piano and as much as I loved it, it was very old and VERY out of tune and in need of many many repairs. When we moved to Danville I just left it and I have missed having a piano so after spending two weeks working Intercession at my school, I took the money and bought a little Wurlitzer! Growing up in a family that played music constantly makes me want to have music around me ALL OF THE TIME! It was such a blessing to grow up like that and I want my baby to develop that love for music. I can remember many many hours singing and playing music in my family. My sister and I would even get up in the middle of the night when we couldn't sleep and take out the guitar and bass fiddle and play for HOURS! My Daddy brought us up singing in his bluegrass and country bands and I really took for granted that love for music that I enjoyed in my home. I just assumed that EVERYONE did the same thing! hahahahahahahaha
Anyhow, I am LOVING my piano and can't wait to find all of my music books now. I'm not that great at playing it, but I am sure am enjoying trying! I hope one day, our baby girl will love the piano too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is exciting..Hubby has promised me a piano one day..What wonderful memories I had

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Just as long as Dougie doesn't take up singing... all I can play is 'Yankee Doodle'... I quit piano lessons to watch 'Mickey Mouse Club'...hehehe

Kayce said...

Hi Susan...Congrats on your new piano! I have many piano music books if you'd like them. I haven't wanted to donate them to Good*will but wanted them to go to the right place. Would you like them? Let me know via email. smbdzbbatcomcastdotnet obviously take out the "at" and "dot" :}