Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gifts Brought To Us Straight From China!


Well, today I went back to school after being out on Fall Break for a week. As soon as I got to my classroom, the music teacher came in my room and said, "I have something for you." Now, she has spent the last few weeks IN CHINA with friends. Then she gave me some chopsticks for Doug and I to practice with AND the cutest little baby slippers! Of course I saw those little slippers and just CRIED! What a thoughtful little surprise! It just really touched my heart so much! She explained to me that she did not get them in a big store or anything in the big cities that she visited but when she visited this remote little village there was this little old Chinese man who had set up a stand and was selling his wares and THAT is where she got them! It made her think about the baby that we will adopt and she could just picture her coming from a little village like this one. The slippers are handmade and even the bottoms are a type of cloth that has been meticulously stitched by hand! What a loving little gift to give us as we wait to travel to China and get our baby girl! Thank you so much Mrs. Holt! You are so sweet to think of us during your travels!

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

They are the best gifts to get... the ones that aren't bought in a big store or a tourist area... but are handmade. when I go somewhere I try to do that... like Hawaii... I bought a lie - though not the flower one it is an Antique one of shells and nuts (to last) and Argentina I have a print from a local artist... Italy, more prints... these are all the best things... I love, love, love the shoes... Our turn will come, even if it takes another 2 years... well, I hope not that long...

Carol said...

I'm happy to announce that our house is now "squeaky." Although it can drive you crazy. Emily is learning to stomp her feet, so is it a good thing?

AmyO said...

What a wonderful gift!