Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Break!!!!!


Well, yesterday was my last day of school (I had two workdays Monday and yesterday) and now I am out on Summer Break. I have a few projects lined up in the baby's room and I want to get her 100 Wishes Quilt squares sent to the place that is going to make her quilt for me. They only charge $100 and it will be professionally done so it will last longer than something I might come up with (although I have made her a small baby quilt from other fabric squares so she will have one mommy made for her). Today my niece is coming to spend the night which is ALWAYS fun and she's going to pick out fabric and do a wish for Rebekah's wish book. YAY! I love my niece, Caitlin. It is hard to believe that she is going to be in the 6th grade at the middle school this year. I have a hard time seeing her as that old! I still see her as a little baby (sorry Caitlin...hahahahahahaha......Aunt Sue is TRYING to let you grow up but it is HARD!). Anyhow I am hoping we continue to hear about more and more referrals and that they really do get to us in September! I told my principal that would be great because my students start back on August 3rd and I would have time to get them settled and in a routine before going to China and then out on maternity leave. I am definitely going to be working my students HARD while I have them and HOPE that I get a long-term substitute who will be good with them and not just "play." When you teach an SOL grade, you really have to make sure you thoroughly cover the SOL content that is going to be on the state standardized tests in the Spring. Anyhow, I'm sure all will work out.......right now I just want that referral so I can go get our baby!!!!!! I've started "allowing" myself to get a little excited and to do a little planning now that they have gotten through March 20, 2006 people. They are only 16 days away from our log in date and that includes weekends! You can see the calendars of March and April 2006. We're getting closer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so great to see you so excited!! You deserve to be! I am so glad that you didn't call it quits. I am excited for you and seeing your new little one. Keep the faith it shouldn't be long now.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy dance... happy dance... happy dance...