Monday, May 12, 2008

Hey, I Survived ANOTHER Mother's Day With No Baby!!!!


Well, last year at this time we thought for sure that this year would find me with a baby in my arms as Mother's Day came, but alas......no baby......no end in sight! I just tried not to think about it much. Actually we visited my brother and his family Saturday night and I got my "baby fix" holding my little niece, Jenna and playing with my 10 year old "mini-me" Caitlin and cutie pie nephew Zachary. Doug got me a giftcard from CATOS so I can go shopping and the 2nd season of Happy Days DVDs which I've been wanting. What a sweet hubby I have!!!! He was reassuring and said, "You'll be a mommy honey.....hang in there!" Plus I have my feline babies to spoil too! Thank God for my cats!!!!!! One of my favorite musicals has always been The Wizard of Oz and for some reason tonight I thought about song, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow." I feel like that's where my baby is........"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, and the dream that you dare to dream really does come true." Here's to the time place when my dreams of being a mommy will eventually come true. Right now I feel like CCAA is the big bad witch trying to stop me from getting to my baby........where's that bucket of water? Curses to the flying monkeys too! hahahaha

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post..Getting a baby fix is usually pretty fun!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Like Dougie said... hang in there... our turn will come... we got home last night... my sinus' got infected from smog but hey... you can't keep this girl down... hehe

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

I love "Wizard of Oz" also. I know that our wait is coming to an end. We are on the down hill slide into our baby's lives. Glad you had a good Mom's Day.

Kathryn said...

Your day will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy said...

I hear you girl, there are a ton of things that I have said oh next time we will have Franceska, well....after 25 months of waiting those times have come and gone!!!!