Sunday, May 25, 2008

Feeling Kind of BLAH

I don't know about the other adoptive parents out there waiting for their babies, but lately I've just been feeling kind of blah and down and out of sorts......I can't explain it....I never think about the adoption much anymore and when people ask me about it, it's like I rattle off the same spill about where CCAA is at with referrals, where we are, and then that's it....it's almost like I'm reciting a script from a play or standing there watching someone tell the whole story. I haven't bought anything for the baby which usually I will at least buy a little something: hairbows, a pair of socks, a cute shirt, etc. But lately I've gotten nothing. Yesterday our FCC Group had a picnic at a park and we didn't even discuss going....it's like we knew we wouldn't so we didn't even talk about it. Now don't get me wrong....I LOVE our FCC group and the friends we have there are WONDERFUL but I just seem to be in some sort of funky mood where the adoption thinggie and being a mommy just seems foreign to me....like it's never going to happen so why worry about it??? It's feels really weird.

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am with you on that one... I kinda feel the same way... though having said that... I did get Shauna a Dr Suess book today but that is it... today someone asked me how things were going and I just fobbed him off by not really saying anything... take care