Sunday, November 29, 2009

Done With Thanksgiving.....Now On To Another "Babyless" Christmas

Well, we made it through Thanksgiving. There are some stupid rumors circulating that a couple of agencies are saying that CCAA has finished matching and should be sending referrals. WHATEVER! They didn't send them last month at all and we are still stuck on the March 28, 2006 date. No movement in over a month and here we are approaching Christmas. As mad as it makes me, then again I am just numb inside.......no feelings at all one way or the other on this issue. Of course I want our baby, but it's like my heart has shut down and won't even think about it. I did have one little moment in the Hallmark store Friday while out shopping with my sister. She had stopped to get her haircut at the salon and I went to the Hallmark store to look around. I saw the "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments and burst into tears! Yep, standing right there in the crowd of folks at the store......I had to sneak around to the empty aisle and try to gather my composure.......geez! Anyhow......that's where things stand and have stood for over a month. No news at all coming out of China except that the CCAA has a new director (which may slow things down as we wait for HIM to his act together and settled into his position.......GEEZ!). I'm just going on with life, burying myself in work, enjoying reading some books, taking a graduate class on Word Study through UVA which has me dreaming up all kinds of new projects for myself, playing my piano, singing.........

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm so sorry. There is nothing I can say to make you feel better...nothing at all. I cannot imagine your pain.

Cheri

mumma to many said...

Susan
My heart breaks for you!
This wait is a killer!
Take care and do what you need to do! If that means running away for the holidays do it!
If it means working right through them do it!
Plan and prepare for 2010 because you need your samnity in tack! It is an amazing rollercoaster and I know there were times I would want off! and I must say that there are times now I want back on! Crazy when the wait will be 7 years! I know!
Take care and know we are all here for you!
All our words at times won't mean anything until you see that child's precious face!
Hugs Ruth in NZ