Sunday, August 05, 2007

Renewing I171H (I600A)




Well yesterday we mailed out ANOTHER package of forms. Our I171H expires Sept. 2007 and USCIS recently enacted a rule that says if you submit your old I171H and the forms, you can get it for free as long as it is submitted BEFORE the old one expires. That started July 31st so after we got our updated homestudy completed, we started gathering the necessary forms. Anyway......it is done and mailed to INS in Fairfax. We will have to get new fingerprints and hopefully they will send us to Charlotte, NC to do those like they did the first time. The mountains of paperwork, forms, and hoops to jump through are enough to drive a person nuts. Sometimes I really resent all of the work that we have to go through to adopt and love a baby when other people in this world just pop out kids that they don't even love. I bet if EVERYONE had to do a mountain of paperwork in order to get a baby, there would be a lot of people who would not do it. Adoptive parents are VERY dedicated to becoming parents!
TODAY is also our LIDiversary.......it has been 16 months since we got our dossier logged in at the CCAA. This past week they updated their website and have processed dossiers through Nov. 21, 2005. I'm hoping they will speed up after they get through the big month of Nov. 2005. Apparently there were a lot of dossiers sent in that month and it has taken FOREVER to get through them. Then, we have to get through Dec. 05, Jan. 06, Feb. 06, and March 06 before they get to us in April 06. Keep praying that they will HURRY UP!

8 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Back at you... I don't know if 16 months is a good thing or a bad thing???? Well, it doesn't matter cause I figure that I have gone this far and I am not backing out now... I am in it for the long haul... hang in there... Love Fliss

4D said...

Happy 16 Months!!

Keep smilin!

Kathryn said...

Don't you just love all the hoops and jumps we have to go through!!!
Oh well, hopefully we won't have to update it again
Kathryn:)

Tracy said...

I sure hope they speed up after November!! I am IN November and I am tired of us already - LOL! We wanna move out of the way for the rest of you!

Tracy
LID 11/22/05

Anonymous said...

Please stop putting an entry on the March DTC group every time you update your blog. You've made it very clear that you have one. Please allow people to check for updates. There are well over 50 families in our group with blogs and none other than yourself and one other feel it is necessary to post to the group almost every time you update. If people want to read your blog they will check for updates.
PS - you are welcome to delete this message as soon as you read it.

Susan Appleton said...

Dear Anonymous, mind your own stinking business and if I want to post on the March DTC Group when I update my blog, then I darn well will! And no, I will NOT be deleting your stupid little message that so accurately depicts your cowardly nature. I will leave it on here as a reminder to those who see it, that Susan Appleton will NOT be bossed around by anyone. SO THERE! Next time you decide to make a stand, try to be a little more grown up about it and have the nerve to leave your name. That's what adults do!
Susan

Leilani's Mom said...

Susan:
You know who your real friends are...Don't let one cranky person chase you away...Update all you want, that person can chose to visit the blog or not. I hate to see you happiness ruined by a single person. Water off a duck's back as my nana used to say....Love, Jan

John & Michelle said...

I too am in your March DTC group and am shocked that someone would leave that rude comment. Some folks are just to childish. I wonder if that person is really ready to be a parent. Our babies will watch everything we do and say and will learn from our actions! I wish as adults we could find more positive ways to survive this long wait. My favorite way is to check out blogs!!! Blessings from Illinois!