Friday, November 03, 2006

CCAA Update


Well for those of you who are always asking us, "When are you going to get to actually GET your baby?" you need to know that all of that depends on the speed at which the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) processes the dossiers and issues the referrals. This morning we woke up and checked the site to find that they have now reviewed dossiers (the mountains of paperwork that families submit in order to adopt)through January 31, 2006. Remember that our Log In Date was April 5, 2006. I've heard that they always have two months worth of dossiers in the review room at a time so I'm guessing that they have February and March in there now. Hopefully they will review ours next. Yesterday a lot of people online were getting referrals and it has been wonderful to read their exciting news and to dream about the day when it will be our turn! Usually once you get your referral with the baby's pictures and information, you then have to accept the referral, and then you travel 6-8 weeks later. The CCAA has issued referrals for those dossiers with LID up to August 25, 2005. We're hoping and praying that they speed up and hopefully we will get to travel maybe in the summer???????? Keep praying for us and we'll hang in there. Love to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah it is working now. I love blogs and look foward to following your journey! I love your blog so far and wish you a slow wait! ;)
Flower
http://www.zflowerz.blogsource.com/

Sargent Family said...

Hello Appletons
I love spending time on other's websites. It sure makes the wait much more bearable. I love your site. Sure hope things speed up for us all.
God bless,
Carrie
LID 12/27/05

Dawn and Dale said...

You DO have the same LID as us!! I had you on our list of "Fellow o4/05/06 LID" but then I came to your blog one day and thought it was actually the 6th from something that I read (can't remember what now...)

I'll have to go back and change that on my blog again!!

I'm hoping we'll get to travel next summer too!!! I'm crossing my fingers for that!!

Dawn (BC Canada)

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh!! Happy 7 months today!!! ;)

4D said...

Happy 7 Month!

Hopefully it speeds up!

Keep smilin!