Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Susan's Maternal Grandparents



This is a photo of my maternal grandparents, Ruth and William Pruitt. I called them Papa and Nannie and I absolutely LOVED them....especially Papa! He served in World War II and was even at the Battle of the Bulge. He was just like the grandpa on The Waltons.....just the BEST! Nannie LOVED to sing and she used to play the guitar and piano. Papa never had any schooling beyond first grade but he was soooooooooooo smart when it came to practical things and just being Papa. I love this old picture of them because they just look so in love and cute. Of course they had their arguements and hard times but I have so many fond memories of growing up and having them in my life. They openly shared their love with me and I was so blessed to be Papa's "Tootie". I hope that our baby, Rebekah, will feel the love in her new family just like I had growing up. My family has always been the most important thing in my life and home was a place of refuge and safety. I want to carry on the old-fashioned ideals of family that people like Papa and Nannie instilled in me and continue the cycle of strong family bonds. Papa's middle name was McKinley and we've thought about Rebekah's middle name being McKinzie in honor of him and in hopes that she will possess the same gentle nature and enduring spirit. As we go through these months of waiting, we're going to post pictures of family to make our blog a collection of family memories and hopes for the future that we will share with our baby girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sue...not a blogger... (kinda sounds like booger) so this'll be anonymous...i swear tony looks just like papa! Stace

Anonymous said...

I love that old photo - you can just tell how wonderful they are! I have also loved looking at the whole blog as well. What grat pictures and greetings and suprise packages from friends! Best of luck. We love you and pray that your little girls will get to you soon!

Love
Karin Mayo