Monday, February 01, 2010

5:25 PM And No Referral Yet!

Well I have been GLUED to the computer and the phone all day long! I am so glad that we did not have school today so I could just be "in the zone" about the adoption news. This is what we know right now....
1. People in the U.S. are getting referrals. There have been people in Texas and Colorado that I've seen so far.
2. The CCAA DID match through April 5th so we are IN this batch.
3. Our China Coordinator called our China coordinator in California who said she was expecting a package from China today at noon (which would be 3 PM OUR time here on the east coast.) Now when they do get the referral, they have to translate it into English and so Sabrina (the one in California) will have to do that and then call Carol (the one in VA) who PROMISED me that she will call me as soon as she knows something. Of course we DID ask her not to call until the evening so that Doug would be home too and we could videotape it all while each of us is on a different phone.
4. So........maybe they have translated it and Carol is just waiting for Doug to be home too.
5. I have gotten emails, Facebook letters, etc. from soooooooooooooo many people that it just blows my mind. There are so many people who have been praying for us and are now waiting to here our good news.
6. I have cried so much that I've used 1/2 a box of Kleenex just TODAY!
7. It is possible to get so excited and worked up that you can't remember how to work a video camera, or what your log-in-date is, and give yourself a HUGE headache!
Anyhow....that's where we stand right now. No referral yet, but hopeful that it will happen soon! KEEP PRAYING!

5 comments:

The Landes Family said...

Ok, I am home now. Had to take Miss Talicee to dance. Didn't want to miss anything. I am so excited for you.

Destination Motherhood said...

congratulations! Your day has come :)

Ba Ba and Mommy said...

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you!! It was exactly 3 years ago today that we received our call from Sabrina for our little boy!!!! I can't wait to see photos and follow your journey!!!

Mommy to Two Busy Boys

mumma to many said...

Hang in there it hopefully won't be too much longer!
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry that others have tried to ruin your special day with negative comments! I hope things get better. I saw your blog on RQ and I wanted to let you know I am happy for you!